About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Year plus a Day, plus a Day, plus a Day...

I was reminded this afternoon, by a very good friend (who proofreads for him, or is it whom?) that it's O.K. to be Proud of an Achievement. That being the case, it's time to move forward, one day more, and repeat as many times as I can. It should be that simple, huh? (SURE, you go on thinkin like that... how far will we get ?) So I now set out on my trusty steed (a Kia Sportage?) to battle more Dragons (Windmills), in search for my Golden Helmet, (a shaving basin?) and my sweet Dulcinea (a redundant and REALLY LAME metaphor for his sobriety) ! For I am Doug Quixote, the Man of Las Vegas ! (and if you understood that, you've seen too many Musicals, too !)

1 comment:

Gail said...

Great post. I liked all the literary allusions.

You go Doug...

Gail