About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Friday, November 30, 2007


One year ago, on Monday, I was about 3 heartbeats from being DEAD ! Have you ever BEEN Dead ? I was as close as you want to get. For almost 3 more weeks, I was "Mostly Dead" I don't remember it. What I do remember is the week before Christmas, I was NOT DEAD. I didn't know where I was, where I had been and how long I had been there. So you can see how December has changed a little bit for me. It was the BEST Christmas of my LIFE ! I can only say that because the word LIFE is there.

"The Polar Express" was on TV tonight and, as usual, I am a sucker for the CLASSIC Christmas stories. This is definitely one, and I was unusually touched by the ending dialog this year. It goes as follows:

"At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them... Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me as it does for all who truly believe.”

So I call it CHRISTMAS, but you may call it what you will. It's December and you're alive ! LIVE ! - CELEBRATE ! (and to all a Good Night!)

No comments: