About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Monday, November 5, 2007

This is the story of Sweeney Todd...


The Demon Barber of Fleet Street ! As the legend goes, he was a 19th century barber/dentist in Europe who, upon the death of a patient, and later just for profit, would harvest the "meat" of his victims for sale in his "meat pies". Well, guess where I was today... that's right, the dentist. To be more specific, the Oral Surgeon, for the extraction of three broken and/or roots from broken teeth in my upper jaw. (The liver transplant requires a Dental Exam to ensure no cross infections from any other source.)

As I have previously mentioned, I am a BIG baby when it comes to tooth pain and dental work. This visit went as expected. The VA is, unfortunately (SADISTICALLY) , not using "twilight sleep" (happy gas) or any other method other than Novocain as an anesthetic. I'll leave the details out to spare the nerves of those who share my feelings about the dentist, but suffice it to say, it was NOT a pleasant experience (torture would have been better). It's not so much the work, as it is the Novocain shot (four, and two were in the roof of his mouth, that bastard!) Now it's a non-narcotic pain pill and penicillin till next Wednesday for three more extractions in the lower jaw. After that, it's cosmetic and the drill for repairs. FUN FOR ME ! I haven't been able to relax all afternoon or evening, but I feel "sleepy" creeping up on me, finally, so I'll take my leave and hope for sleep. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

Oooh you poor thing! Going to the dentist is certainly no fun. Fortunately I have a high pain threshold and so none of it, surgical extractions, root canals, ever bother me much.

*hugs* Hang in there.