About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I think I broke it !


Have you ever picked up a coffee cup, and the handle just came off... right in your hand? You didn't drop it, or bump it against anything, it just came right off ? Or maybe it was a knob on the radio, or a rubber band on something... you just touched it and it broke... all by itself ! Well, my Internal Emotional Stabilizer . . . just broke this evening. (That, or he's going through "MANopause")

I was laying on the couch after dinner, and it was quiet in the house. Mom was in her bedroom, reading, Dad was in the Jacuzzi on the patio and I was, very out of character for me, reading. Nothing Philosophical or meaningful, it was "Parade" magazine from the Sunday paper. The last thing I had read was about automating your home (blah, blah, blah). I finished and set the paper down. It had started me thinking about (now TRY to follow THIS thread) automation, how to communicate after my surgery, messages to my church choir, e-mail to my friends, communicating to anyone with a breath a breathing tube, how much I hated the catheter (still with him?) and then, suddenly my head went quiet for a nano-second {In "brain time" that's like forever}, then "Crack" (I swear, I HEARD it) and this wave of emotion flooded in and I started to cry.

I'm a MAN ! I have Man-parts. I Think like a Man. I like to look at Woman-parts, I LIKE Woman-parts. I like Women ! MEN don't cry. I know, I know, I know, but built into my brain is this thing that says "Men don't Cry" (I know better, I'm shutting up) I've cried before, but I always had a reason. That's Simple, Right. Reason to Cry = Cry. Then you feel better after you cry...eventually, right? I guessed that it was the "Crack in the Silence" that got me upset, but the more I think about it, it's the Silence that scared me. What the Hell is That?! I think I broke it.

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

Oh sweetheart, *HUGS* I think that was just your subconscious' way of telling you that it was time to vent a little. It's an awfully big thing you're undertaking. It's frightening and it's taking a lot out of you. One can only remain stoic for so long.

I'm glad that you did let it out some, but desperately sad that you have to go through this at all.

Wish I could give you a REAL hug!

*HUGS and KISSES*

Oh, and being a man and crying just makes you more sexy. *winks*