About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony

It's the 62 Annual Tony Awards. I've gotten a chill down my spine for each and every performance. I've noticed, from all of the awards shows, and I don't think I've missed a Tony Awards in the last 10 years at least, The Award Winners, be they performers, writers, directors, all of them are genuinely ecstatic to win. They know where they started and are genuinely thankful to every person who helped them get there. Their commitment is stunning, their performances, most 6 nights and matinées on Saturdays & Sundays, are consistent each and every time.

In High School, I was in two, so I've seen a taste of what's involved, and I've seen 8 or 9 professional productions. There's Nothing Quite Like Broadway... and I've never been there. Shame ! I imagine heaven, sometimes, and I think it's a lot like the "Great White Way"... written by Rogers and Hammerstein, Music by Stephen Sondheim, and Directed by Mel Brooks.

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

Hmmm I like that, the thought of heaven as a musical production. Perhaps a series of them. Of course, for it to be truly heaven, we would have to star in said productions. *smiles*

Ooooh, and because it is heaven, I could be a size 6!!!