About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

But, then again...

God, in His Infinite Wisdom, WILL work His miracles in little ways, in little, humble lives, that make all the difference in how a man looks at his existence.

I have been sitting on my "Pity Pot" with an "Oh, Woe is Me" attitude because of my transplant list status. Well, (Oh, Man! You know we're in for the melodramatic when he starts to sing) as Frank Sinatra said:

"I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
Each time I find myself layin' flat on my face
I just pick myself up and get back in the race
That's Life !"


Well, That's Life... That's what we make of it. God gives it to us to do with it what we will. We had better do something productive with it. Not many get a second chance. I got a Second Chance. What will I Do?

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

An intriguing question my friend, what will you do? Whatever you choose to do with this second chance, I've no doubt it will be wonderful, as you are wonderful.

I'd like to add that by 'wonderful' I don't necessarily mean 'end world hunger' wonderful or 'bring about world peace' wonderful. I mean wonderful for you and those who are fortunate enough to know you. THAT kind of wonderful!

I used to think that unless dozens, or even hundreds, knew and loved me, I was nothing. Now I want nothing more than the few whom I love to know and love me well. THAT is my wonderful and THAT is how I will leave my legacy here on this Earth.

*HUGS*