About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Retraction

I feel it necessary to properly credit George Carlin with his statistics. My statistics came more from memory and the first Internet article I read. I now have a more reliable source for these statistics. Source: USA Today, June 24, 2008.

14 HBO specials, 23 albums, three best sellers, five audio books, 130 appearances on The Tonight Show, numerous appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show, 16 movies including 1989's Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and as the voice of flower-power-era VW van in 2006's animated Cars, four-time Grammy recipient and five-time Emmy winner and the first host on Saturday Night Live. He was also a regular headliner in Las Vegas, Atlantic City and was scheduled to be the recipient of the Mark Twain Award this year. He was also the narrator of the Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.

My Apologies !

2 comments:

armygirlvet said...

George Carlin was great! The first thing that came to mind when I heard of his death was a camping trip with the Science Field club at Joshua Tree. John was there and we were sitting around the campfire listening to George Carlin and Bill Cosby on tape. I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life!

armygirlvet said...

George Carlin was great. The first thing that came to mind when I heard of his death was one of the Science Field club camping trips to Joshua Tree. John was there and we were sitting around the campfire listening to George Carlin and Bill Cosby on tape. I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life!