About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Me

It's not that easy being green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold...
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ord'nary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain,
or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

(See, I've moved on already...NOW, I'm Depressed but Accepting it.)

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

Argh, I have been there too, "Depressed-But-Accepting-It-Ville", that place SUCKS! Personally I have been spending my days in it's neighboring village, "Too-Apathetic-About-Sex-To-Even-Get-Myself-Off-Town". That said, I hope no minors are reading this. LOL

Obviously I do not have the answers for everything. As a matter of fact, the older I get, the fewer answers I seem to have BUT I have a temporary cure for this one!!! Yep, it's MUSIC! Uh-huh, I know it sounds trite but it's true, especially for those such as us. I was just writing my sister-in-law and saying how when I was younger my every living moment was accompanied by music. Now, however, I often can't even be bothered to turn on the stereo and I hardly EVER sing anymore.

Here is what I shared with her:

"I'd like to share my moment I had yesterday. Yesterday I was just in one of 'those' moods. It seemed as though, try as I might, I couldn't stop thinking about negatives.

After I got my morning chores done I went to sit down to my usual routine at the keys and instead, opened up my MP3 player, and a miracle happened. The name of my miracle? Don't Stop Me Now, by Queen. I dare anyone to listen to THAT song and not feel cheerful and even triumphant!

It's funny, when I was a teen, my life seemed to have it's own musical score. If I didn't have a stereo on, I had a portable radio with me.

Growing up near L.A. I had a plethora of stations to choose from and I had the coolest radio one could wear as a bracelet. A bulky, impractical bracelet, but I loved it nonetheless. When I didn't have that with me, I was singing. As I've gotten older I find that I often forget about music.

I forget to turn the stereo on. I get so tied up in thoughts of what needs to be done, or worries that I forget to even sing in the shower. Worse still, I forget about certain songs. Songs that in only a few notes can transport me to a time, or place. Songs that inspire moods! Ironically, it is often movies or TV that remind me of these sonic miracles.

I'd like to thank the makers of Shaun of the Dead, not only for a ton of laughs, but for reminding me of Don't Stop Me Now. I would also like to thank the makers of Nip/Tuck, and Netflix for carrying seasons of the show, for reminding me of Love Will Keep Us Together, by the Captain and Tenille!

I challenge anyone, especially those forty-somethings out there, to listen to those two songs and try and stay in a bad mood!

Clink on these links, scroll to the top selection and click the play button to listen:

Don't Stop Me Now

Love Will Keep Us Together "

Hope you find the joy in them that I did!

Love, Donna *HUGS*