About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year !

Well, this will be interesting. This is my first Sober New Year's Eve since I was in High School. Let's see, that was 1976 so I've blown 31 of them in a row. Not like I don't remember them, or that this one will be any different than the others, minus the drugs and alcohol, but I can't say that there was a "Happy" one in the bunch, which just makes them just a "New Year. (Oh Crap! he's gonna sing... and Barry Manilow at that... I'm gonna PUKE... SOBER !) "It's just another New Year's Eve, another night like all the rest. It's Just another New Year's Eve, let's make it the best. It's just another New Year's Eve, it's just another Auld Lang Syne, but when we're through this New Year you'll see, we'll be just fine.

I guess, when you boil it all down, I just made it through my 1st Year Anniversary of being 100% Clean and Sober (not a slip, not a drip), Thanksgiving, Christmas, my 46th (SHIT !) Birthday and 4 hours away from the New Year, not to mention the almost uncountable hours spent on doctors visits, AA meetings, physical therapy, medications, injections, extractions and tests. After all of that, I still have a few brain cells left to fire enough to keep my tired heart beating, and my heart-light shining. So thank you, my friends for putting up with me through all this. and, most importantly, Thank You God, for the strength to continue, my family and my friends to hold me up when I'm tired and lonely, and the humility to know where it comes from.

And so, my friends, may this New Year bring us all health, happiness and long life.

2 comments:

Sita said...

I am so proud of you!!! So, did you stay up 'til midnight? Did you watch all the party animals on TV? They looked very foolish to me. Yes, it's a time to celebrate the new year coming in while saying good-bye to the past. But such foolishness! And you have gone more than a year with total, complete sobriety. Now that's something to celebrate (with fresh air & sunshine, not the other stuff).

May you, too, continue in good health and submission to God. May this year bring you more & better goodness.

I love you, Douggie!!

Cousin Karen

Macabre64 said...

WOO HOO! I figured out how to reset my password! I swear, pretty soon I'm gonna hafta use the Gettysburg Address, no matter what I chose they said my password wasn't strong enough. Blech! If my password's too short that should be MY problem! Yeah...anyways...

You should be very proud of yourself for coming so far and celebrating a sober New Year!!! I presonally hate New Years Eve, but I'm happy to hear that yours was at least passably fair!

I hope we all enjoy health, happiness and prosperity in the coming year and beyond!

Love ya!
*HUGS*