About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

In the Navy

In the military, we perform our duty, protect our country and do so with honor. We send our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines proudly. It is very hard to send our own family members, be they Husbands, Wives, Children or Friends. As family, we support them and their decisions to serve, but NO WHERE does it say that we have to be happy about it.

Well, I'm NOT happy about it right now. At this moment, my friend's husband is on his way to Iraq, my Brother-in-Law is getting ready to go to Iraq, and I just found out my Best Friend has volunteered to go to Iraq, AND I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT ! I support them all in their decision to serve, I will think and pray for them all every day, that they will return home to their families, and I am PROUD of all of them for their choice to serve our country: BUT I'M NOT HAPPY ! It's not their job to make me happy. (Just wait, though. I'm telling Phil)

1 comment:

Random thoughts from the mind of Moni said...

Hey I'm not happy either!! but Chin up!!! At least I get good parking!! :)