About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Antcipa___________tion

Greetings to all. Have you ever heard of the concept of "Slow Time" ? Scientists tell us that the passage of time is a constant; that one second takes exactly one second to pass. Every instrument that we have to measure this also concludes this to be true. Albert Einstein, however, theorizes this not to be true and that time is relative to the instrument used to measure it.

The most common example I can think of is being in a car accident, or a fall. I remember vivid details about my last fender bender. I remember pushing in the clutch, applying the brake, checking my mirrors to see if there were any cars in the way of my avoiding it, or if I was about to be rear-ended, tensing up, leaning back into the seat, steering to cause the least damage and looking at the passengers in the car I was about to hit...and I was only going about 10 mph. Then "Crunch", and time returned to normal. It seemed like 15-20 seconds, but it was actually only 2 or 3. Now, try this: Go into a quiet room, close the door, look at your watch, or a clock and then close your eyes and don't count. Try to stay like that for exactly 5 minutes. I'll bet you a dollar you can't get within 1 minute of exactly 5 minutes.

The point of this is that Phil and I are waiting till THURSDAY for One Year to be over. Phil is like a 4 yr. old walking with Daddy to the Snack Bar at the Drive-In, bouncing up and down 'cause he's gotta pee. (Does anyone remember Drive-Ins, or have you only seen them in old movies?) (Just get me 2 half-gallon bottles of Rum and a 2-Liter Pepsi and Thursday will be here in no time) Shut up, Phil. So, Hurry the Hell Up, Thursday ! 1 Year Clean & Sober gets me a 1 Year Brass AA Coin that, I'm told, if you want a drink, place it on your forehead and hit it as hard as you can with a bottle of rum, and you won't want a drink ('cause your unconscious) I'll make it !

No comments: