About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Curious Doug and the Liver Transplant


Hi, My name is Curious Doug, and this is my Liver, Phil. I'm sorry for the font I had to use here, my blog is limited to the simple 7 they have given me. I would have chosen one much less formal, and more whimsical. You'll understand soon.



This blog is intended for me to chronical, and sometimes vent the thoughts, emotions and frustrations I will be going through during this Liver transplant. Phil, my Liver, will have occasional comments with technical data and irrational rants, much in the way that the typewriter wrote in Ian Rand's "Still Life with Woodpecker" (You'll know when it's Phil talking).

It's October 18th, 2007 and in 12 days I will be ONE YEAR OLD ! This may not seem like a big deal, but if you consider all the way back to my Junior year in "High School" (1979) that's the longest I've ever gone without a drink, drug or cigarette, and here, cigarettes don't count. That would make it, roughly, 27 years. Now, I know there are "Old Timers" in some of my AA meetings who'll say, "I've been sober almost that long". My rebuttal to that is "Frickin Great ! Teach me how you did it" Just don't dismiss me for only being 1 yr. old. I've done drugs you've never even heard of. (Try Absenth on a sugar cube, light it and hold it on your tongue till the burn makes you swallow it, whole and on fire)

So, the point of today is to get this ball rolling, introduce you to Phil, (Phil: Sorry about my complection, I've let myself go lately) and to start a sort of Journal of my transplant and recovery. It is as much for me as it is for my friends to know how I am, and for strangers to kind of know "How it was for ME". I promise that, although portions of this blog may be hidden under a pile of shit, it will ALWAYS be the truth. I will never lie in this blog.

I wish you well and hope you will return the same. For those who pray, say one for me when you read these. The next time you read this, cinch up your belt, get a strong cup of coffee, place your seat backs in the fully upright position and be prepared for "Curious Doug and the Liver Transplant" (Phil: It's not pretty)

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

Good for you hon, and Phil too! I'm eager to read all of your writings here and get caught up.

No need to apologize about the content. Your blog is just that, YOURS! Write any darned thing you want to.

As always I will keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Donna