About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

No Reason... I just like the Poem

2 comments:

Jeff V said...

So, is this poem referring to the old Doug or the new?

Curious Doug and the Liver Transplant said...

Of Course, the Road Less Traveled is the message to me. To use the very next blog posting as an example... to let go, and let God choose the road on which I travel, good things will come of it... and they did.

An "Honest" mistake was made. A "Humble" Apology was given. An offer to "Make Things Right" was extended. What more could you hope for?

To seek "damages" would be vengeful, and that only leads to "Bad Karma" I would not want someone to seek damages from me for an honest mistake. The old Doug would.