About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Finally, I got a break...

For those following the news in Vegas, one of the companies that does medical procedures (endoscopies to be exact, in this case) has been shut down because of a Hepatitis/HIV scare. It seems that, when administering the anesthetic through the IV to sedate the patients, they were not changing the syringe in between patients, and using the "economy-size" bottles of anesthesia. The medication is injected through an IV in the back of your hand, so the possibilities of cross-contamination should be negligible, but this IS Vegas, where everything is a "Crap-Shoot".

Well, someone got caught holding the dice and is looking at a multi-million dollar class action law suit, and one company, with three facilities is responsible. I have already seen 4 Law firms advertising ON TV to represent patients in this suit, and the news only broke on Friday (Today's Monday).

Well Guess What . . . ? NOT MY DOCTOR ! My Gastro Dr. works from the same building, but does all of his procedures as a "Fee Based Procedure" at UMC Hospital, and NOT at his building ! None of his associate Doctor's are involved. FINALLY, Something has NOT gone wrong !

Now I'm frightened ! I never get to dodge the bullet. Is there a shotgun waiting around the corner waiting for me ? I Sure Hope and Pray NOT !

No comments: