About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Keep on Keeping On !

Well, it's been a year and six months since I last had a drink. I was asked the other day if "I missed it ?" In all honesty, there ARE parts that I do miss.

I miss the "experience" of the taste of a good beer, or a good wine. It's important to know that I didn't drink beer or wine to "get drunk". That was too time consuming and too much liquid. I hear a lot of guys, especially in my VA group, that tell about "a 12 pack to start..." That's Way To Much liquid to get drunk. Perhaps that was my built up tolerance, but I remember in my late 20's having to switch to a harder liquor to get drunk. If I bought beer, it was a chaser for the rum, and the longer I drank, the less chaser and more rum it became.

The "experience" of the taste of a good beer, or a good wine was something I used to enjoy. I once ran the sound system at the entertainment stage at a Beer & Wine Tasting Festival" here in Las Vegas. Little plastic cocktail glassed with 2 or 3 oz. "Tastings" of different micro-brews and independent winery vintages. I enjoyed that tremendously.

I know that those days are gone. That's what normal people do. I am NOT normal people. That part of me doesn't exist. I AM AN ALCOHOLIC . . . that's what I am . . . plain & simple. I can, however, deal with that.

No comments: