About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Food, Glorious Food

Good News on the Diabetic Front. (He Over-reacted... AGAIN !) - Here's the word.

I am, as those in denial like to say, "Just Barely" Diabetic. (Those are my Doctor's words, not mine). Considering the fact that I didn't "know" I was being tested for that, it most certainly had something to do with what I had for dinner and desert the night before. We all have gotten used to a meal sized portion of food, looking at the packaging and NOT seeing what the manufacturer is saying.

Example #1: Progresso has a line of "Healthy" canned soup. They are Low Sodium, Reduced Fat and chock full of nutrition for only around 250 calories. The problem is IT'S TWO SERVINGS ! Example #2: One 12 oz. serving of 100% unsweetened Orange Juice = 12 Oranges... can you sit down and eat 12 oranges? How about 1/2 a can of soup?

The moral to this story is... To WATCH what you eat, you really have to READ what you eat. I've been given 3 months before my Dr. resorts to medications... I don't want another pill to take. I'll learn to fix my diet (Tomorrow... we have cheesecake in the fridge)

No comments: