About Me

My photo
4+ Years Clean & Sober, working on more. Musician, Audio/Visual Tech. Sing in Church Choir. Dedicated in my recovery. I almost died once, not on purpose, but I got over that and intend to live a while longer... like 30 or 40 yrs. or so.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I feel a little better now !

It's kind of strange to read something you wrote when you weren't fully there. I guess it's kind of like "Drunk-E-mailing" except this was "In Shock E-mailing".

Obviously, things aren't as bad as my emotions made them out to be. Diabetes is something that is COMPLETELY controllable and, according to my doctor, "If you put in half the effort that you've made to stay sober and drug free, this should be easy".

Now that I have some "non-emotional" perspective on this, it's time to turn the road block "BACK" into a speed bump and move forward again. My doctor gave me 3 months to control this with diet changes. (3 months doesn't sound "Urgent", does it?) I will, therefore, KICK IT'S ASS ! I need to eat more healthy and get more fit before this transplant anyway, so this will force me to do it now.

"Peas Out" and and "Power to the Cauliflower" Y'all !

1 comment:

Macabre64 said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better about this hon! You are such a strong, resillient person, you'll clear this hurdle, no problem!

Sometimes I find it difficult to determine whether my friends need a hug and someone to commiserate, or a pep talk.

If I ever give you one, but you need the other, all you have to do is say so.

Love & *HUGS*